Mango chicken Thai salad for $2.50 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
baby cos lettuce, 1, leaves halved
mango, 1, peeled, sliced
snowpea sprouts, 1 cup
green onions, 4, shredded
red onion, 1 small, thinly sliced
mint leaves, 1 cup (optional)
barbecued chicken, ½, skin removed
lemon, 1, juice
soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon
sesame oil, 2 teaspoons
- In serving bowl, toss lettuce, mango, sprouts, onions and mint together. Cover and chill until required.
- Shred chicken flesh into separate bowl. Discard carcass.
- DRESSING. In a jug, whisk all ingredients together.
- When ready to serve, add chicken to salad, drizzle dressing over and toss gently.
- You could use barbecued duck in place of chicken.
- Pawpaw can be used in place of mango. Try sprinkling some chopped nuts over the salad before serving.