Japanese-style salmon patties for $10
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
2 cups cooked brown rice
180g can pink salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 small red chilli, seeded, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus
1 teaspoon extra
1 bunch choy sum, trimmed
½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, combine rice, salmon, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, ginger, soy, coriander and chilli. Mix well. Shape into 8 even-sized, flattened patties. Chill, covered, 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Fry patties in 2 batches, 3-4 minutes each side, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Wipe pan clean. Heat extra oil on medium. Stir-fry choy sum and tomatoes 1-2 minutes.
- Serve patties with wasabi mayonnaise (see tip) and vegetables.
- For wasabi mayonnaise, combine 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise with 1-2 teaspoons wasabi paste.