Serves 4Cooking time:
Less than 30 minutesCourse: BeverageFavourite flavours: CheeseConvenience recipes: four or less
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
sourdough bread, 4 thick slices
olive oil spray
cooking cream, 1/3 cup
parmesan, grated, 2 tablespoons
garlic, 1 small clove, crushed
eggs, 4, lightly poached (see tip)
ham, four slices
tasty cheese, grated, ½ cup
chervil, spinach leaves, to serve
- Preheat grill on high. Line an oven tray with foil.
- Spray both sides of bread with oil, place on tray. Grill 2-3 minutes each side, until toasted. Place ham slices onto sourdough.
- In a small bowl, stir cream, parmesan and garlic together. Spoon mixture onto each toast. Top with a poached egg and spoon cream mixture over. Sprinkle with cheese and season to taste.
- Grill 4-5 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve with chervil sprig and spinach leaves.
- To poach eggs, slide into a pan of simmering water with a splash of vinegar. Simmer 2-3 minutes.